What is wellness health care?
New health trends you should know!
What is wellness health care?
Wellness health care is a holistic health care for the body and mind with a focus on prevention before disease progression. It also includes adjusting lifestyle and using modern medical technology in holistic health care and well-being. Wellness is not just about having good health, but it also involves many other aspects such as physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social, and environment. Besides, wellness health care helps reduce the incidence of chronic non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
How is wellness health care different from traditional treatment or general health care in a hospital?
- Wellness health care focuses on prevention rather than treatment, specially protecting the body to be healthy, unlike traditional medicine that focuses on disease treatment.
- Wellness health care is to have a healthy lifestyle and happy daily life in a sustainable way. It is not just a treatment for patients to get better.
- Wellness health care is continuous holistic health care. It's not just an occasional treatment to recover from sickness. In fact, it is the integration of health care into daily life for sustainable good health.
Who is wellness health care suitable for?
Wellness health care is suitable for everyone of all genders and ages because each age has different health problems such as:
- Childhood-- problems with allergies and vitamin deficiency
- Working people-- often have problems with brain care and freshness
- 40-50 years onwards-- the occurrence of various diseases from the deterioration of the body.
How can wellness health care reduce the incidence of disease or prevent the development of chronic non-communicable diseases (NCDs)?
In Thailand, 77% of deaths are from chronic non-communicable diseases (NCDs), which are caused by wrong lifestyle behaviors such as poor eating, lack of exercise, stress, not getting enough sleep, smoking, or drinking alcohol.
Wellness health care focuses on behavior modification, including diet, exercise, and standard weight control by applying medical technology to solve problems more accurately, thereby reducing the incidence of non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
In conclusion, wellness health care can help prevent illness and, in some cases, stop the chronic symptoms of some non-communicable diseases (NCDs) so that we are getting healthier every day.
If you want to start taking care of yourself with wellness health care, how do you start?
Dr. Soipetch Prathuangset, M.D. recommends consulting a doctor with expertise in wellness care at an accredited and scientifically proven medical institution. The experienced doctors can give advice on how to start taking care of your health in a simple way, such as adjusting eating-living-sleeping behavior to be healthy. She also emphasized that “Good health starts with yourself".
Article by Dr. Soipetch Prathuangset, M.D.,
Assistant Director, BDMS Wellness Clinic
Recommended Packages & Promotions
การไม่ป่วย ไม่ได้หมายความว่าไม่มีโรคซ่อนอยู่ ตรวจก่อน รู้ก่อน ป้องกันได้ก่อน