6 Common Vaginal Problems Signs
Vaginal health is one of an important issue for women. If your vagina shows any signs of abnormality, even the slightest, it can effect your daily life and leads to other serious health problems. To prevent vaginal problems, there are many signs that you need to know.
What symptoms might be a sign of problems?
1. Abnormal vaginal odor
It is normal for vagina to have a slight odor, but strong vaginal odor might be a sign of abnormalities that happens due to other associated problems such as burning, itching, irritation, or especially vaginitis. Do not use vaginal deodorant to eliminate bothersome odor. It may cause more irritation. See your healthcare professional right away.
2. Abnormal (vaginal) discharge
- Bloody or brown discharge, It can be a sign of many things from an irregular period cycle to endometrial cancer. Other symptoms that may occur as well are pelvic pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Yellow discharge, It can be a sign of gonorrhea. Other symptoms that may occur as well are urinary incontinence and pelvic pain.
- Frothy, yellow or greenish discharge with a bad smell, It can be a sign of trichomoniasis with pain and itching while urinating.
- Pinky discharge, Caused by shedding of the uterine lining after childbirth (lochia)
- Thick, white, cheesy discharge, It can be a sign of yeast affection
- White, grey, or yellow discharge with fishy odor, It can be a sign of bacterial vaginosis.
3. Pain during intercourse
4. Vaginal Dryness
Naturally, the lining of the vagina is moist to prevent and make a lubricating fluid. This fluid helps reduce pain during sexual intercourse. If estrogen levels drop off it may cause dryness and leads to trichomoniasis. On the other hand, vaginal dryness is a common symptom of menopause.
5. Abnormal bleeding
There are two types of abnormal bleeding during menstrual cycles – high bleeding and low bleeding. As a result of many factors:
- Uterine Fibroid
- Imbalance Hormones
- Contraceptive pills
- Cervical Cancer, If you are menopause consulting with a physician is needed. however, this is common for pregnant women.
- Other abnormalities near the vulva area
Mostly, symptoms that are founded are rash, sore, blister, or lump. These genital skin irritations may cause by ingrown hairs or due to constantly using a razor. But if any of them spread in a wide area, it can be a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Contact the doctor right away.
However, regular health check, good hygiene, and healthy eating can help you prevent vaginal problems in general. Visit your healthcare professional if there are any signs of these symptoms. Do not be shy. It is important to work together with your doctor about your overall health condition.
1. Vaginal Discharge: What’s Abnormal?. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/vaginal-discharge-whats-abnormal#1
2. Vagina Odor. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from
3. Vaginal Diseases. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from https://medlineplus.gov/vaginaldiseases.html
4. Vagina: What’s normal, what’s not. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from
5. Female Genital Problems and Injuries. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from
BDMS Wellness Club EP. 2 – What is your biological age?
Women Empowered by BDMS Wellness Clinic
Predict your health with Precision Medicine by Dr. Amp | BDMS Wellness Club EP. 5
There are no spare parts for our body by Dr. Amp | BDMS Wellness Club EP. 4
Worrying about sleep will keep you awake!
Some might believe that sleep is a less important factor in our daily life, but inadequate sleep can result in a weaker immune system.
IVF infertility treatment | BDMS Wellness Club EP. 3
2nd Chance | Your Health You Change
The Danger of Trans-Fat
What is trans-fat? How is it different other types of fat and how can we avoid consuming such food?