Varocha Mahachai, M.D.
Digestive Wellness Clinic
Dr. Mahachai is one of Thailand’s most sought-after expert in Gastroenterology. Her career has spanned over many years after her qualification and academic career in North America.
She often joined Chulalongkorn University and has fulfilled her academic appointment on a Professor of medicine, Gastroenterology and Chief of Gastroenterology of GI unit for 2 consecutive terms. She once served as the President of the Gastroenterological Association of Thailand Dr. Mahachai is currently the Director of the National Gastric Cancer and Helicobacter Pylori Research Center, Thailand.
Her major interests include all areas of digestive systems in including hepatology, endoscopy with special interests in hepatitis, fatty liver, GERD, IBS, IBD, colon cancer, peptic ulcer disease, H. pylori hepatobiliary and pancreatic disease.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Clinical Pharmacology at University of California, San Francisco
- MSc Program, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Postgraduate Medical Training in Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Doctor of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Awards & Certifications
- National Research Council Fellowship, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Research, Bangkok, Thailand
- Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research Fellowship, University of California at San Francisco, USA
- Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research Gastroenterology Fellowship, University of Alberta, Edmonton
- Fellow American College of Gastroenterology (FACG)
- AGAF American Board of Gastroenterology
- FRCPC Fellow of Royal Collage of Physician (Canada)
Click for Back