Jiří Dvořák, M.D.
Executive Advisor | Musculoskeletal and Rehabilitation Clinic
Dr. Dvořák, Professor of Neurology, with a specialty in spinal disorders, has over four decades of expertise in the field of preventative care in musculoskeletal sports medicine.
including 23 years as Chief Medical Officer at FIFA. Throughout his professional career he has followed a preventative path for spinal disorders, sports related injuries and symptoms. He is well-known for his many preventative programs including one that has reduced injuries in footballers by up to 50% and lower back pain by 30%.
He is widely published and cited in international, peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals and is also a senior editor of the British Journal of Sport Medicine (BJSM).
- Medical School Zurich, Doctor of Medicine
- Residency in Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation, Neurology and Manual Medicine
- Visiting Professor, Department of Biomechanics, Section of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yale University, Director: Prof. M. Panjabi
- Chair of the Department of Neurology, Spine Unit, Schulthess Clinic, Zurich
- Director of FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence (HQ Zurich)
- Senior Consultant Department of Neurology, Spine Unit, Schulthess Clinic, Zurich
Awards & Certifications
- Honorary Member ISAKOS
- AFC Presidential Award
- NCAA Research Award
- Spine Society of Europe Award for Clinical Science
- First Marathon-Prize of Swiss Orthopaedic Society
- Spine Society Award for Basic Science
- Volvo Award for Spine Research of the International Society for Study of Lumbar Spine
- Award of the Swiss Neurological Society
- Award of the North American Cervical Spine Research Society
Click for Back