How Menstrual Cramps Affect Your Health?
For women in general, menstrual cramps may be such a normal thing. However, some of them may experience a severe cramp to the extent that affects their quality of life, making them unable to go to school or work. Regardless of the pain levels, if such cramp lasts long, it can be a sign of undesirable diseases, such as Endometriosis, Chocolate Cyst, Adenomyosis, and many types of Uterine Fibroids.
Bangkok Health Research Center provides information indicating that a menstrual cramp is a cramping pain resulted from menstruation (Dysmenorrhea). 90% of those who suffer from this symptom are teenagers, while 50% of them are women in general, with 10-20% of them experiencing severe pains that interfere their daily life. Normally, the pain will occur during the first 1-2 days of the menstrual period. Factors that lead to menstrual cramps are as follows:
- A woman with a family history of menstrual cramps
- A woman aged less than 30 years
- A woman who started her menstruation before being 12
- A woman who has a body mass index less than 20 or more than 30
- A woman who has never had a child
- A woman who has an irregularly long menstrual period
- A woman who regularly smokes
- A woman who has an excessively heavy and prolonged menstrual period
- A woman who suffers from specific symptoms before each menstrual period
- A woman who has ever suffered from Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- A woman who suffers from depression or anxiety
Moreover, in addition to the cramping pain, there may also be other symptoms occur concurrently, such as malfunctions of intestines, backache, muscle soreness, vulval pains, chronic headache, fatigue, as well as infertility.
Knowing this, you should never ignore these pains. If you feel something unusual during your menstrual period, such as chronic or increasing levels of pains, period of pains, painful intercourse, or other irregular symptoms, such as abdominal pains, hematuria, rectal bleeding, you should see the doctor for further diagnosis of the true cause and find out ways to cope with those symptoms that come with menstrual cramps.
Currently, the diagnosis methods are various for you to choose form. Alternatives include using of high frequency waves, or ultrasound, laparoscopy, pharmaceutical drug treatment, 3D laparoscopic, etc.
Craft Your Smile, Craft Your Happiness by Dental at BDMS Wellness Clinic
BDMS Wellness Club EP. 2 – What is your biological age?
Digitally Assisted Smile Design
Craft Your Smile, Craft Your Life by BDMS Wellness Clinic
Ask the Experts: E.P. 4 – สังคมปัจจุบันกับภาวะการมีบุตรยาก
Health effects of PM2.5 particles by Dr. Amp | BDMS Wellness Club EP. 9
The Danger of Trans-Fat
What is trans-fat? How is it different other types of fat and how can we avoid consuming such food?
Digital Wax Up by Dental at BDMS Wellness Clinic