7 Habits for a Healthy Vagina
We all know that the vagina is an important part of women. Most women experience minor vaginal problems from time to time. To keep your vagina healthy, here are 7 things to make sure that you always do and do not do.
1. Avoid the vagina douching
The vagina produces mucus, which acts as a natural cleansing agent to wash away blood, semen, and vaginal discharge. Washing the outside of the vagina with mild soap and water with regular bathing is sufficient for good hygiene.
2. Stay hygiene
Wiping front to back to prevents faecal matter from getting into your vagina. Change menstrual products frequently if you are on a period. Also, do not insert soap into your vagina while washing it. Use only mild soap to maintain the vaginal pH.
3. Safe sex
Some bacteria and viruses can get into the vagina during sex. These include the bugs that cause chlamydia, gonorrhoea, genital herpes, genital warts, syphilis and HIV. You can protect your vagina against these infections by using a condom every time you have sex.
4. Wash your vagina before and after intercourse
During sex intercourse, substances like lubrication from condom and spermicide can damage natural flora in your vagina. Wash outside the area before and after sex. And if you have to apply artificial lubricant to feel moister or reducing any discomfort, use water-based lubricants or silicone-based lubricants instead of oil-based lubricants.
5. Drink water and stay hydrate
A healthy vaginal needs the same hygienic attention as any other part of the body. When your body isn’t properly hydrated, the outside skin of your vagina is more likely to be dry. The same goes for the inside of your vagina. If you’re drinking enough water, your vagina should be well-lubricated.
6. Cut out tight clothes
Wearing tight pants can certainly cause irritation and several issues that can affect your vaginal health. They helping trap heat and moisture in your vagina, which can promote an environment where yeast and bacteria thrive. Try not to wear them every day, give them a break over the summer month, when it’s the perfect time for floatier clothing.
7. Avoid strong-smelling foods
The consumption of certain products changes the acidity level of the microflora responsible for the smell of your vagina. Spices, smoked foods, onion, garlic, broccoli, asparagus, and coffee are all on the list of foods that make your vagina smell bad sometimes. The excessive consumption of meat, dairy products, and alcohol can make the vaginal smell strong and acrid. On the other hand, citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruits), make the smell and taste of vaginal fluids sweeter.
1. WebMD. Yogurt [Internet]. [cited 2019 Dec 5]. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-829/yogurt
2. Villines Z. Vaginal pain: Causes and how to treat it [Internet]. MedicalNewsToday; 2019 [cited 2019 Dec 5]. Available from: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326977.php.
3. MedlinePlus. Vaginal dryness alternative treatments [Internet]. Bethesda, MD: U.S. National Library of Medicine [updated 6 January 2020; cited 2019 Dec 5]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002142.htm.
4. Holland K. 7 Tips for Getting Rid of Vaginal Odor [Internet]. Healthline; 2019 [cited 2019 Dec 5]. Available from: https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/how-to-get-rid-of-vaginal-odor#takeaway.
6 Common Vaginal Problems Signs
Vaginal health is one of an important issue for women. If your vagina shows any signs of abnormality, even the slightest,
ชะลอวัย ก่อนเข้าสู่ภาวะวัยทองได้อย่างไร | BDMS Wellness Clinic x Mantra Lady EP.7
How Menstrual Cramps Affect Your Health?
For women in general, menstrual cramps may be such a normal thing. Regardless of the pain levels, if such cramp….
Menopause Facts and Tips for Women
As we get older, many changes occur within us, both physically and emotionally, and coping with these changes can...
ไขข้อข้องใจสุขภาพทางเพศ | BDMS Wellness club
หากความสัมพันธ์ในชีวิตคู่แย่ลง เนื่องจากปัญหาต่าง ๆ ในชีวิตประจำวัน อาจทำให้มีปัญหาสุขภาพทางเพศตามมา
ดูแลจุดซ่อนเร้นเพื่อความมั่นใจและความสัมพันธ์ที่ยั่งยืน | BDMS Wellness Clinic x Mantra Lady EP. 4