6 Common Vaginal Problems Signs
Vaginal health is one of an important issue for women. If your vagina shows any signs of abnormality, even the slightest, it can effect your daily life and leads to other serious health problems. To prevent vaginal problems, there are many signs that you need to know.
What symptoms might be a sign of problems?
1. Abnormal vaginal odor
It is normal for vagina to have a slight odor, but strong vaginal odor might be a sign of abnormalities that happens due to other associated problems such as burning, itching, irritation, or especially vaginitis. Do not use vaginal deodorant to eliminate bothersome odor. It may cause more irritation. See your healthcare professional right away.
2. Abnormal (vaginal) discharge
- Bloody or brown discharge, It can be a sign of many things from an irregular period cycle to endometrial cancer. Other symptoms that may occur as well are pelvic pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Yellow discharge, It can be a sign of gonorrhea. Other symptoms that may occur as well are urinary incontinence and pelvic pain.
- Frothy, yellow or greenish discharge with a bad smell, It can be a sign of trichomoniasis with pain and itching while urinating.
- Pinky discharge, Caused by shedding of the uterine lining after childbirth (lochia)
- Thick, white, cheesy discharge, It can be a sign of yeast affection
- White, grey, or yellow discharge with fishy odor, It can be a sign of bacterial vaginosis.
3. Pain during intercourse
4. Vaginal Dryness
Naturally, the lining of the vagina is moist to prevent and make a lubricating fluid. This fluid helps reduce pain during sexual intercourse. If estrogen levels drop off it may cause dryness and leads to trichomoniasis. On the other hand, vaginal dryness is a common symptom of menopause.
5. Abnormal bleeding
There are two types of abnormal bleeding during menstrual cycles – high bleeding and low bleeding. As a result of many factors:
- Uterine Fibroid
- Imbalance Hormones
- Contraceptive pills
- Cervical Cancer, If you are menopause consulting with a physician is needed. however, this is common for pregnant women.
- Other abnormalities near the vulva area
Mostly, symptoms that are founded are rash, sore, blister, or lump. These genital skin irritations may cause by ingrown hairs or due to constantly using a razor. But if any of them spread in a wide area, it can be a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Contact the doctor right away.
However, regular health check, good hygiene, and healthy eating can help you prevent vaginal problems in general. Visit your healthcare professional if there are any signs of these symptoms. Do not be shy. It is important to work together with your doctor about your overall health condition.
1. Vaginal Discharge: What’s Abnormal?. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/vaginal-discharge-whats-abnormal#1
2. Vagina Odor. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from
3. Vaginal Diseases. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from https://medlineplus.gov/vaginaldiseases.html
4. Vagina: What’s normal, what’s not. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from
5. Female Genital Problems and Injuries. (November 26, 2019). Retrieved from
1 Day Experience at BDMS Wellness Clinic with Han Thi, Miss Myanmar World 2018
2nd Chance | Your Health You Change
Bad Diets Are Responsible For More Deaths Than Smoking,
Global study finds about 11 million deaths a year are linked to poor diet around the globe.
What is Regenerative and Anti-Aging Medicine?
Find out more how anti-aging science is important and how to your most fit anti-aging program
What is Regenerative Medicine?
For anyone who is looking to obtain this goal, Regenerative Medicine, the new frontier of medicine, is an appealing option.
Did you know we spend up to one-third of our lives asleep?
Since we were born, sleep is a natural mechanism–a complex and important state of mind and body.
Health Benefits of coconut oil
Since coconut oil contain both good and bad fats, let’s find out how to make the best use of it.
BLUE LIGHT Silent killer your smart phone!
Do you know one of the reasons you are feeling exhausted is over-using your mobile phone? Read our suggestions to adapt your daily routine and get enough rest.